Careers « view all careers
Advertising/Public Relations Manager
Under general supervision of the Director of Tourism, the Advertising/Public Relations Manager plans, coordinates and manages advertising, public relations activity to support leisure tourism, sales of meetings, conventions, tradeshows and special events for the Visit El Paso and City of El Paso lodging and hospitality industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are typical for this position. The position may not perform all of these, and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
• Supervise and manage budget to maximize ROI
• Develop and oversee advertising and public relations strategies/marketing plan within Visit El Paso.
• Function as the intermediary between any external advertising agencies and provide directional guidance.
• Supervise media planning and placement for local and out-of-town mediums.
• Coordinate with the design team development of internal and external creative projects that include but are not limited to: print, television, radio and online advertisements; collateral materials; consumer promotions.
• Work directly with agencies on photo shoots, video creation, print ads as well as any other marketing materials that may be needed.
• Act as the brand manager to ensure that all material and communication from Visit El Paso is consistent with branding efforts.
• Responsible for writing all organizational press releases, as well as coordinating the distribution.
• Maximize press opportunities and exposure.
• Maintain media databases with administrative support.
• Assists in the managing and creation of organizational PowerPoints and relevant presentations for the organization.
• Create, write and edit editorial ideas for publication to promote the destination.
• Update local, regional and statewide publish calendars or events to create awareness of the region
• Monitor and track publications to ensure that Visit El Paso is receiving fair and balanced coverage, as well as keeping information current.
• Execute short and long-term marketing strategies after conducting research and evaluating market potential under direction of Director of Tourism Development.
• Establish tracking procedures with departments and report progress in achieving all measurable goals contained in the marketing plan.
• Prepares annual marketing plan and annual report.
• Responsible for monthly reports and community newsletter.
• Arrange for and monitor department’s printing production.
• Must have excellent writing and editing skills, outstanding supervisory skills, superb verbal communication skills and exceptional organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment, including copy machine and fax machine. Must have Adobe Photo Shop experience.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Extensive out of state and intra state travel required.
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
• This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, graphic design, creative writing or related field.
• Minimum 5 years increasingly responsible experience in marketing, administration, graphic design, creative writing, tourism or hospitality industry experience.
• Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift a approximately 40 lbs.
• Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for average of 60 minutes at a time.
• Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
This position is within an office environment, however, requires in and out of doors several times a day.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor